Sara Towery O’Hara has been a partner with O’Hara Law Firm, PLC since its formation in October 2002, focusing on:
- the preparation of agreements and development documents (subdivision and easement documents)
- the creation of homeowners’ and property owners’ associations
- obtaining entitlement approvals
Prior to forming the firm, she was a partner at Culbert & O’Hara, PLC, in Leesburg, Virginia, and at Haight, Tramonte & Siciliano (now Tramonte, Yeonas, Roberts & Martin), at Tyson’s Corner, Virginia, handling residential and commercial real estate development. She has been involved in developments ranging in size from two to 2,250 residential units and in mixed-use developments. Sara has extensive experience in development projects throughout Virginia’s northern and central jurisdictions.
Sara grew up in Arlington and Fairfax counties and continued her education at the University of Virginia and William & Mary Law School. Sara and her husband Charley have three children who all attended Falls Church City public schools and continued their undergraduate and graduate education at the University of Virginia.
Sara keeps abreast of changing developments in the law as an active member of the Real Property sections of the Virginia State Bar Association and the Fairfax County Bar Association.
Admitted to practice
- Virginia, 1983
- District of Columbia, 1984
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., 1983
- University of Virginia, B.A., With Distinction, 1978
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association